|Police Give Safety Recommendations for Motorist and CyclistsWith the summer season upon us, Peel Regional Police remind drivers and cyclists to be extra cautious and diligent when travelling about on our roadways. Here are a few safety tips that we should all keep in mind when operating a vehicle or a bicycle.|
To the Motorist:
- When passing a cyclist, and plan on making a right turn ahead, be sure to anticipate the upcoming cyclist at all intersections.
- Cyclists are fast moving pedestrians. Be aware of their anticipated path of travel.
- Drivers must be extra cautious in residential areas, where children may be riding on sidewalks and crossing streets.
To the Cyclist:
- Pedal bikes cannot be seen as clearly as a car, therefore, "visibility" is the key. Wearing bright, reflective clothing is important so that motorists can see you from a distance.
- Keep yourself out of harms way and anticipate movement of cars. Be aware that the motorist may not see you.
- Equipment is also key. The cost to prove a bike safe is relatively inexpensive. A front light and rear flashing light is great for visibility. You also must outfit yourself with a helmet!
Privacy | Submit News |
Corrections | Contact Total Bike
Copyright 1998-2019 TotalBike.com All Rights Reserved