|The organizers for the Tour de France announced the details for the 2002 tour. It will run from Saturday July 6th to Sunday July 28th. The race will be made up of one prologue and 20 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,300 kilometres.|
These 20 stages have the following profiles:
- 10 flat stages
- 1 medium mountain stage
- 6 high mountain stages
- 2 individual time-trial stages
- 1 team time-trial stage
- 5 mountain finishes
- 2 rest days
- 108 kilometres of individual time-trials
- 68 kilometres of team time-trials
- 1 transfer by plane and 1 by train (TGV)
- 21 Category 1, Category 2 and highest level passes will be climbed.
- 8 new stop-over towns: Sarrebruck, Château-Thierry, Saint-Martin-de-Landelles, Bazas, Lavelanet, Vaison-la-Romaine, Bourg-en-Bresse, Régnié-Durette.
21 teams of 9 riders will be invited to take part in the 2002 Tour de France. These teams will be selected in two rounds in accordance with the International Cyclist Union rule which applies to the three Major Tours: 16 teams automatically selected at the end of October, 2001 and 5 teams invited by the Organization on May, 1st, 2002.
Privacy | Submit News |
Corrections | Contact Total Bike
Copyright 1998-2013 TotalBike.com All Rights Reserved