|Crank Brothers announces the release of its newest product, the Mallet C, a DH pedal with a rotating egg beater core. In stores August 1, 2003, the Mallet C will weigh 540g/pair, and cost $100 US retail. What makes the Mallet C different from other large platform clipless pedals?|
1. Egg Beater Core Technology: Crank Brothers has integrated the patented core technology of the Egg Beater into a large platform pedal. The Mallet C consists of a large aluminum body and chromoly spindle. At the center of the platform is a fully-rotating carbon steel egg beater mechanism, which allows 4-sided entry. Four ways to enter makes it easier to clip in and out of
2. Simple, Light-Weight Design: Like the original Egg Beater pedal, the Mallet C is simple, reliable and light-weight. The clean, Spartan design provides excellent mud clearance and makes the pedals easy to maintain and rebuild. The simple design keeps the weight down to 540g per pair. A lighter pedal means there’s less to haul up the hill…
3. Replaceable Armor/Traction Plates: The pedals come with extremely durable stainless steel armor/traction plates that serve two purposes: they provide excellent shoe traction and protect the pedal from bashings on the trail. The plates are replaceable, and included with each pair of pedals is an extra set of plates with longer teeth for riders who prefer even more traction.
4. More Surface Area/Shoe-Pedal Contact: The Mallet C allows more shoe contact than other clipless DH pedals for three reasons: First, the platform is bigger. With a larger platform there’s more surface area and stability if riding unclipped. Second, the platform is curved (slightly concave). The advantage of a curved platform is that it allows better contact against the teeth of the armor/traction plates. Another reason the Mallet C provides great shoe-pedal contact is because the egg beater mechanism moves partially out of the way when not clipped in. The wings of the egg beater mechanism spread apart when weight is applied, allowing sturdy contact onto the platform if riding in street shoes or unclipped.
5. Low Stack Height: For better ground clearance, the pedals have a low stack height of 15.2mm.This allows riders to lower their seats a little more for better weight distribution on the downhill.
Privacy | Submit News |
Corrections | Contact Total Bike
Copyright 1998-2019 TotalBike.com All Rights Reserved